Yes, they do. Turkish Parliament has issued a decree in September 2012, which gives foreigners the right of owning properties in Turkey.
Tax number in Turkey (vergı numarsı) is a number of your own, you are sometimes asked for it in legal and official transactions or when opening a bank account in Turkey. You can get it easily through the following:
Bring a copy of your passport and your address in Turkey.
Go to the nearest tax directorate (vergı müdürlüğü) in your neighborhood and ask for a tax number. They will enter your information into the system and give you a card with a tax number of your own.
Yes. There is a price list which is the same for both Turkish and foreign buyers. You can be sure that all conditions are the same for all buyers.
Yes. The taxation system is exactly the same for everybody.
No. Even if you go by yourself or with our real estate consultant, the same prices are offered by the developers.
In order to open a bank account, first you need to get a Tax number. After that you need to provide:
- A statement showing your current address (it could be an electricity or gas bill, or a bank statement from your country).
- Your passport.
- Your tax number.
Foreign visitors can stay legally in Turkey for maximum 90 days with a tourist visa. After they buy a property and get the title deed, this directly gives them one-year residence permit that can be renewed later.
Yes. Your wife and your children under 18 years old can also get a residence permit after your application.
You can obtain Turkish citizenship through the following methods:
- Investment with a capital of $500,000 or the equivalent of other currencies in the technological or industrial fields.
- Investment of $250,000 in real estate sector for three years without selling the property.
- Setting up a company and recruit 50 Turkish citizens.
- Deposit $500,000 or the equivalent of other currencies in Turkish banks or the Treasury of the State or the Turkish Investment Fund for 3 years.
The number of properties you can buy is unlimited. Also, more than one person can own the same property. Concerning the period, on average, purchasing process does not take more than 3 days.