Turkish Government Universities and Private Universities, which is better?
Every year, more and more students flock to Turkey to study. This is due to the excellent quality of education Turkish Universities provide, that Turkey contains the most reputable and recognized universities in the world. Also, Turkey offers students an affordable alternative for education compared to most countries in Europe albeit with the same quality and accreditations.
As a bridge between Europe and Asia, Istanbul is the most populated and most visited city in Turkey. Read more about Istanbul city: Tourism in Istanbul and the most important tourist areas that visitors go to
Turkish private and public universities have advantages that are unique to each other, but public universities do not have to be more important than private universities, and not necessarily the opposite.
There are several private universities that are in the global ranking higher than public universities, due to achieving some of the criteria that have been adopted globally in the classification and evaluation of universities.
Turkish universities rank on the scale of the global assessment
Webometrics the Spanish website is one of the most reliable websites that are interested in following up the rankings of universities worldwide, and it is one of the most credible in this field, in which you can find the ranking of Turkish universities, according to the global rankings.
Istanbul University ranked fourth, and Ankara University sixth, which shows the development of Turkish government education, maintaining its superiority with the private education, with strong competitiveness in this field.
The most important differences between studying in Turkish government universities and private Turkish universities
- It is no secret that government universities often have more requirements and conditions than private universities, especially with the increasing demand for them year after year.
- Here are some of the differences between public and private education in Turkey:
- Government universities adopt a system of university candidacy applications in accepting their new students. In this way, they determine the number of students in each department according to their available means. Some of the university seats are available to international students, and they are subject to selection.
- Private universities do not require a system of university candidacy to accept their students, but usually, accept students once they have obtained a secondary school diploma.
- Based on the system for the secondary certificate and the YOS test, applicants are selected in each university department. Unlike private universities which are considered other criteria for admission.
- Government universities require an entrance examination, which is called the YOS test. Private universities do not require the aptitude test, which is often replaced by an English test.
- University tuition fees in public universities are low compared to private universities. The cost of studying in Turkey varies from university to university and from one department to another in one university.
- One of the most important things to know about the university before registering is its local, regional and international recognition. Overall, however, Turkish universities are strongly recognized, and new Turkish universities are required to have partnership and recognition agreements with at least one international university.
Private universities have something of a distinction on some government universities in some points, including:
- Private universities are often characterized by modern scientific laboratories, which precede some public universities.
- Private universities offer discounts or scholarships every year, motivating their first successful students or attracting new students.
- Private universities often have options to study in different languages, such as English or other languages, which breaks the language barrier that faces some foreign students.
- In private universities, students are often admitted to the course and language of their choice.
- Competition among students to enter public universities is usually very strong, especially with the increasing number of foreign students coming to study in Turkey, which is not faced by private university students.
In general, the facilities received by foreign students from outside Turkey are a major reason for increasing their demand for them. The Turkish universities continue to prove their scientific progress globally through their established steps in the field of education.
Right Home Real Estate Consultancy provides you with the opportunity to purchase the right property in Turkey. Our legal team is responsible for all procedures related to the extraction of the title deed, the extraction of residence permits and obtaining Turkish citizenship free of charge.