The risks and disadvantages of investing in Turkey
Turkey has become the first destination for Arab and foreign investors , as the demand for it is increasing day by day , due to the diversity of investment fields in Turkey , and its distinctive geographical location , as it is located in the heart of the world , and connects the two continents of Asia and Europe , and it is the center of trade and business in the Middle East , in addition to the facilities and incentives provided by the Turkish government to investors , and that includes giving them the establishment of an investment that qualifies them to live and settle in Turkey in a legal way and gives them the right to enter and exit from and to Turkey without the need for a visa , and it also gives them the right to obtain Turkish citizenship according to easy and simple terms , they are as follows :
- When buying a property worth at least 250.000 $ , provided that the property is not sold for three years .
- When investing at a fixed capital of at least 500.000 $ .
- For foreigners who show a document proving that they have deposits in the bank worth not less than 500.000 $ , provided that the deposits remain in the bank for three years .
- For foreigners who prove that they have bought bonds from the state , provided they are not sold for three years .
Real estate suitable for obtaining Turkish citizenship
RH 163 - One of the best projects in Maslak , ready for housing with a view of Belgrade Forest
Apartments for sale in Istanbul in a huge project like a full-service city , which includes a shopping center , 5-star hotel and integrated social facilities .
The project is located on the European side of Istanbul , specifically in Maslak , one of the largest real estate development areas in the city .
Maslak is the ideal area for investment in Istanbul , where it promises high profits and high returns on investment in a few years .
The project is located only minutes away from Taksim and Levent , not more than 5 minutes from Bosphorus , and 25 minutes from Istanbul's third airport , which gives it strategic and investment importance .
All the project details in this link : RH 163
Investing in real estate in Turkey is the most secure or the most important type of investment that attracts investors , and despite all the advantages of buying real estate in Turkey , this investment still has defects and risks that investors may fear , in this article detailing and explaining it until the investor has an idea complete before going into real estate investment in Turkey , and that avoids losses and failures .
What are the disadvantages and risks of real estate investment in Turkey ?
- Fear that the property in Turkey will lose its financial value :
Some foreign investors fear the low real estate prices in Turkey for reasons related to the Turkish economy or because the Turkish lira fell against the US dollar or even fear of global economic crises that could harm the real estate market in Turkey .
It is natural for the investor to invest in a safe investment environment to mitigate the potential risks to his investment , and for investment in Turkey in particular , some investors complain about the fluctuations in the exchange rate of the Turkish lira .
This fear can be overcome , as real estate experts assert that real estate does not lose its value , but rather the opposite , as the value of real estate increases from time to time , and some countries that classify their economy as weak are affected by some setbacks and long recessions , while Turkey is an economic country , and the Turkish economy is classified as the second largest economy in Europe .
The depreciation of the Turkish lira against the US dollar did not affect the real estate prices in Turkey significantly , and the Turkish lira returned to recover against foreign currencies , and the property returned to rise again and the exchange rates of the lira improved , as well , the pricing of real estate in Turkey in the Turkish lira exclusively helped to keep real estate prices .
And considering the real estate investment situation as a model for investments in Turkey , the sector benefited from the decline in the local currency exchange rate during the past year 2019 , so the percentage of real estate sales to foreigners in Turkey increased by 69% during the first half of 2019 compared to the same period of 2018 .
Economists considered this figure an important indicator of the exit of the Turkish real estate sector from its recession during the previous period , and a return to attracting investors in a field vital to the Turkish economy .
According to the Turkish Statistics Authority , the percentage of real estate sales to foreigners in Turkey has increased fourfold in the last six years .
All of the above is realistic evidence that the real estate sector has not been affected by the depreciation of the Turkish lira against the US dollar .
Real estate suitable for real estate investment in Turkey
RH 80- Apartments with Bosphorus view and suitable payment plans in Sisli
A first class residential and investment project in the center of Sisli , specifically in the fast growing Bomonti area .
The project location is just 8 minutes away from Taksim .
This project has been designed in line with the highest quality standards in real estate in Turkey .
All apartments have private balconies with views of Istanbul or the Bosphorus .
Invest in this project today and benefit from its prices which will increase by 40% after the completion of the project .
All the project details in this link : RH 80
- Fear of choosing an inappropriate real estate :
Before buying a property in Turkey , you must decide what is the purpose of your purchase of the property ? Whether it is for the purpose of housing , investment , or obtaining Turkish citizenship , it should also determine the specifications that you wish to be provided in the property , such as the number of rooms , the area , the view , the quality of the finishes and the facilities included in the project , and so on , and the budget that you want to invest it in buying the property , so that the real estate consultant can help you clearly and completely fulfill your request with minimal time and effort .
If you want to buy a property in Turkey for the purpose of living and residing in it , your way of thinking and the priorities will be different than if you want to invest or rent this property or open a company , office or restaurant , each of these options has a different way of thinking .
Also , this will help you to choose the suitable location for the property . The choice of the city in which you must buy and the neighborhood and even the housing complex in which you will live , must be preceded by a real estate tour in which you discover the city and the regions and neighborhoods and ask about the project in which you will live or invest . You must also know the proximity of the project and its distance from public transportation and the city center , in order to study the price of the property in a logical manner .
- Fear of dealing with untrustworthy parties :
If you are interested in a successful investment in Turkey , no matter what kind of investment you want , do not hesitate to inquire about the extent of credibility and transparency for any party that will deal with it in the future .
In order to avoid the risks of real estate investment in Turkey it is important to deal with a reliable real estate broker .
On the other hand , investors or their brokers must conduct a preliminary search in the Turkish real estate market for the real estate company that will be invested in its project .
Once the investor makes the decision to invest in a project with a particular company , he must be very careful about the conditions stipulated in the contract , and in particular the terms of the penalties in the contract must include protection for the investor and his rights .
Your cooperation with a real estate consulting company will guarantee you an ideal buying process and a profitable investment that you will not regret , as the real estate consultant with long experience in the real estate field in Turkey provides you with all the information you need in a way that facilitates the decision-making process , and a visit to the project accompanied by one of the sales staff It will provide you with a detailed explanation of the real estate , its advantages and disadvantages , until you make the right decision .
- Fear of being unable to pay the mortgage :
Mortgage and deferred sale in monthly installments is a good and encouraging way for foreign investors who want to buy a property in Turkey , but in the same context it must come to the mind of the buyer questions about his ability to make the monthly payments and installments resulting from it , and here we must pay attention to many things reassuring in relation to the advantages of buying a property in Turkey in installments , which are :
The first payment when buying a property in Turkey is often between 30% to 40% , and sometimes reaches 50% , and the payments and installments are agreed to be paid between the buyer and the real estate company , and it is not fixed for everyone , meaning that the buyer can negotiate with the company to obtain a flexible and suitable payment plan . Also , when you are able to pay all the required installments from you prematurely or buy the property in one payment in cash , you get large discounts of up to 20% of the apartment price .
5. Fear of fluctuation of the Turkish lira exchange rate :
The exchange rate of the Turkish lira against the US dollar is constantly fluctuating and we can say that it is in continuous decline . This is in fact , and if it is in the interest of foreign investors , however , the fears and anxieties are always inside every foreigner who wants to invest his money in Turkey . The gains are great and worries as well , and to better understand this we will take an example of buying real estate in Turkey , as the house whose price is 100 thousand US dollars was equal to 300 thousand Turkish lira when the exchange rate of the US dollar was 3 Turkish liras , today the same house equals 600 thousand Turkish liras , as the exchange rate of the US dollar has become approximately 6 Turkish liras , then the house has become cheaper if evaluated in US dollars , as is the case for large installations and lands . So , the foreign investor is the first beneficiary of the appreciation of the US dollar against the Turkish lira .
Premium real estate in Istanbul
RH 204 - luxurious apartment with direct view on Marmara Sea in Bakirkoy
The project was built with the supervision of Turkish state construction companies , with government guarantee .
It is a residential , investment and commercial project built on a land area of 74.000 square meters , 80% of this area has been allocated to green areas , parks and public facilities within the project .
Atakoy area has a central location , high investment value and luxury life style .
The project is located near the main road and highways in Istanbul (E5) .
The distinctive location of the project , overlooking the Sea of Marmara , which offers homes with charming sea views .
All the project details in this link : RH 204
Advantages of investing in Turkey :
- Turkey usually treats the foreign investor in a way that is close to the local investor at a rate that may reach 100% , which is one of the most important advantages of investing in Turkey .
- The Turkish economy is among the most economies around the world that have a brilliant future . Expectations indicate that during the next ten years it will become one of the fastest growing economies around the world , because of its attraction of $ 15 billion in foreign investment annually , and the amount increases every year , as it is the sixteenth economy around the world .
- The population of Turkey helps to invest money , as the population of Turkey is 77.7 million , and Turkey is the largest in terms of youth in relation to the European Union , not only that , but also that its population of young people enjoys a high degree of culture and education .
- The infrastructure in Turkey has advanced high technology in all the things that a successful investment requires from transportation , remote means of communication and advanced marine transportation facilities and is characterized by its low cost .
- Low corporate income tax from 33% to 20% , and technological development areas and free and industrial areas are characterized by incentives and tax benefits, there is a total or partial exemption from corporate income tax , Turkey is characterized by laws that support innovation , research and development .
The advantages of buying a property in Turkey :
- Low tax in Turkey , the decision to reduce taxes in Turkey is one of a series of decisions concerning the real estate sector in Turkey , and was reflected positively in stimulating foreign investors to own property in Turkey , which contributed to the revival of the real estate market in Turkey in general . The most important tax deductions are : Exempting the foreign buyer from the value added tax due on the property .
- Obtaining a residence permit , where foreigners who own properties in Turkey , whose price is less than $ 250.000 , are granted a residence permit that is renewed annually . Real estate residence permit in Turkey is granted to the landlord , his wife , and his children under the age of 18 .
- Real estate in Turkey is the cheapest real estate investment in Europe , where real estate prices in Turkey are considerably cheaper than those in Europe , with similar features in infrastructure , and similar in structure of developed European countries .
- Real estate investment in Turkey provides a profitable investment return , based on the economic activity and rapid urban development , and the strength of tourism in Turkey , which is best reflected in the periods and tourist seasons , through the demand for rental homes during those seasons distributed throughout year .