New amendments regarding obtaining Turkish citizenship 2022
The Turkish passport has many advantages that make it one of the most important passports in the world, and the Turkish passport is the focus of attention and interest of a large number of Arabs and foreigners wishing to obtain its exceptional advantages, and of course there are in the minds of many people a number of questions about the ways and conditions for obtaining Turkish passport, and the advantages that its holder enjoys. In this article, we provide you with adequate information on the issue of Turkish citizenship, as well as the new amendments related to the conditions for obtaining a Turkish passport.
New amendments regarding obtaining Turkish citizenship 2022
The Turkish government has announced new amendments related to the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through exceptional ways, such as investing or buying real estate, and these amendments will be implemented starting from the date of 5/1/2022. The Official Gazette published the "Regulations for Amending the Regulations Concerning the Application of the Turkish Citizenship Law", which included the sale of foreign currencies that are deposited in Turkish banks, in order to obtain Turkish citizenship, to the Central Bank.
According to the latest modifications:
- A foreigner has the right to obtain Turkish citizenship if he buys a property worth more than $250.000, provided that the property is not sold within a period of 3 years.
- The requirement to deposit a sum of money in Turkish banks in exchange for citizenship has been amended, as the condition now provides for a deposit of $500.000.
- The fixed investment value for obtaining citizenship was set at $500.000.
- A foreigner wishing to obtain Turkish citizenship, through one of the above-mentioned methods, will sell his specified foreign currencies, to the Central Bank of Turkey through the active banks in the country.
- The Turkish lira that resulted from selling the dollar to the Turkish Central Bank will be kept in lira accounts with banks, or with one of the government debt instruments, for a period of no less than 3 years.
What are the advantages of obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- The strength of the Turkish passport, as the Turkish passport ranked 20 for the year 2021 globally among the list of the most powerful passports in the world. It also grants its holder the right to enter 77 countries around the world without the need for a prior entry visa, and more than 8 countries via an electronic visa, and 44 countries by entry visa upon arrival.
- The high speed in receiving the Turkish passport, as the Turkish citizenship procedures are completed, and the passport is received in a relatively short period of 30-90 days.
- Turkey’s relationship with the European Union countries, as negotiations and agreements are still underway between the Turkish government and the European Union countries regarding Turkey’s accession to the Union, and in the case of accession, this will give the Turkish citizen great facilities to obtain a Schengen visa and enter various European countries, and it is possible that the Turkish citizen will be granted the right to enter Europe without a visa in the future.
- The possibility for holders of Turkish passports and Turkish citizenship to benefit from retirement programs as a Turkish citizen.
- The Turkish government provides free education and university payment plans for holders of Turkish passports and citizenship.
- The Turkish passport gives its holder all voting rights for all types of elections in Turkey.
- The Turkish government allows dual citizenship for those who hold Turkish passports, as they can also have another citizenship, so you will not have to give up your original citizenship.
- Turkish passport has a validity of 10 years upon receipt and can be renewed for life.
- The economic importance of Turkey, including the continuous reforms undertaken by the Turkish government in order to revive its economy always.
What are the documents required to apply for Turkish citizenship?
- Purchase remittance receipt stamped and signed by the bank.
- A copy of the title deed (Tapu).
- A personal photo of 5*6 biometric (6 photos) for the investor and his wife to obtain the passport, with a white background.
- Pictures are not accepted if the person wears a white dress or veil.
- You can send the images as a PDF file and we are extracting the images.
- Translating the passport of the wife and children of the investor under the age of 18 and having it certified from the noter. In the case of sending colored passport photos in a PDF file, we translate the passports and having it certified from the noter.
- The investor's tax number, (if the investor doesn't have one, we can extract it in the name of the investor).
- A copy of the Turkish residence permit for the investor and his family, if any, or a copy of the last entry stamp into Turkey.
- The investor's marriage contract certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of issuance of the document, and attested by the consulate of the passport he carries with attestation from the Turkish Consulate, with clarity of the name of the husband and wife and the date of the marriage contract.
- The birth certificate of the investor, his wife and children under the age of 18 years old, certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the document was issued, and certified by the consulate of the passport he carries with attestation from the Turkish Consulate.
- If the investor is divorced, the divorce document shall be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of issuance of the document, and the passport shall be certified by the consulate of the passport he is holding, with attestation from the Turkish Consulate.
- If the investor is single, the celibacy document is issued by the consulate of the passport he holds and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with attestation from the Turkish Consulate.
- If the investor has children from his ex-wife under the age of 18, the child’s guardianship document is issued to the guardian by the court certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the consulate of the passport he holds with certification from the Turkish consulate, in addition to attaching the consent document of the other party to provide Turkish citizenship to the child from the Turkish consulate or the noter (we can send a form of the guardian’s consent document).
- A power of attorney from the investor and his wife to our company to apply for Turkish citizenship (you do not need to mention the names of the children) from the Turkish consulate or from the Notre, we do not need a power of attorney from children under 18 years old.
- It is preferable to consult our company during the issuance of the power of attorney.