Is buying a property in Turkey a good investment?
In light of the vast Turkish real estate market, the variety of available options, and the difference in real estate prices in different neighbourhoods of the same region, buying a property in Turkey can be a very successful investment or it can be a dark nightmare for the investor.
It is known that among the fundamentals of investment, the greater the risk, the greater the profits in case of the success of the investment, and vice versa if the investment fails, the losses will be large.
For those looking for a 100% safe and secure environment to place their financial assets, the best destination is banks that offer an annual profit rate of less than 1% for bank deposits in foreign currencies such as the dollar.
As for those looking for a safe environment and an annual investment rate of between 10- 30%, this article about real estate investment in Turkey and especially in Istanbul is addressed to you.
In the beginning, we will start by asking and answering several questions, and then we will move on to present some investment opportunities in Istanbul.
Are there essential constituents for a successful real estate investment?
We mentioned in our previous articles that successful real estate investment has two components that must be achieved, namely:
- That the price of the property is lower than the prices of neighboring properties in the same area.
- That the possibility of selling it after the end of the investment period is possible and easy.
- It must have desirable specifications by the local market as well, which constitutes more than 96% of the sale and purchase of a real estate in Istanbul.
- That the operating plan is feasible if it is ready, or the amount of the expected capital increase is high if it is under construction.
- To be in a strategic location that contributes to increasing the feasibility of investment and facilitates the process of ending the investment in a timely manner.
Any real estate offer obtained on these components must be dropped, and if it does not fully achieve it, it must be reconsidered, as the property that fulfils all the mentioned conditions can be classified as a safe investment property.
What is the required amount for real estate investment in Istanbul?
What is unique about the real estate sector in Istanbul is that it is varied and has different budgets, but at the same time, the dangerous thing is that the buyer does not properly differentiate between the investment property and the residential property, regardless of its price.
We have several possibilities for real estate investment in Istanbul. If you have a budget starting from 50 thousand dollars, this project is the most suitable for you. You can learn about it from the following article: What is the minimum amount to invest in Istanbul
And if your budget is more than $230.000, then there is a golden opportunity for you to achieve an investment return of at least 30% in one year. You can learn about it from here: The best investment opportunity in Istanbul 2020, 30% return on investment within a year
And if you want to expand on different opportunities for real estate investment in Istanbul with the advantages of each project, you can read the following article: The 9 best investment projects in Istanbul for 2020-2023
What is the center of Istanbul and what is its investment importance?
Some opinions differ when defining the center of Istanbul, some of them say that the center of Istanbul is Fatih district and Topkapi Palace, which was the center of Ottoman rule, and this, in fact, represents the historical center, and some of them assume that the area of Basaksehir and Basin Express is the modern center of Istanbul, basing this opinion on the presence of many new projects in these areas, and this, in fact, represents a modern and emerging area, but it does not represent the center of Istanbul.
In fact, the center of Istanbul that interests us is the investment center that includes areas with investment advantages that qualify them to represent the center, namely:
- Beyoglu district: which is the historical and investment heart of Istanbul, which includes Taksim Square and Istiklal Street, through which 3 million tourists pass daily, and its investment importance is highlighted by the fact that it includes many high-end hotels and therefore investment in them and renting apartments will have returns similar to those of hotels.
- Sisli area: it is the old and modern business center in Istanbul and is distinguished by its central location and proximity to both Beyoglu and Maslak, in addition to the fact that its tall towers have a view of the Bosphorus.
- Maslak area: it is an extension of the expansion of Sisli and is bordered to the north by Belgrade forests and to the east by the Bosphorus strait as well.
- The coastline of Zeytinburnu and Bakirkoy: it includes luxury projects with direct views of the Marmara Sea, with luxurious finishes as well.
Classifying these areas as the investment center because:
- Each of them is close to either the Sea of Marmara or the Bosphorus, in addition to being close to the historical city.
- Its infrastructure is complete, it includes all means of transportation, and it is close to educational and medical centres.
- It includes a small number of new projects, and therefore the prices in them are constantly rising, the demand is high and the supply is low, which distinguishes this central area from the rest of the distant areas of Istanbul, such as Basaksehir and Basin Express road, where the supply is many and therefore the prices there are unstable and investment is fraught with risks.
- The few projects under construction in these areas carry a high investment value and the prices there increase dramatically on a monthly basis, sometimes five times more than the rental return of similar ready properties in the center.
- The old urban expansion in Istanbul has been rapidly expanding during the past 80 years, and therefore these central areas include very luxurious and affordable civilized rehabilitation projects compared to the neighbourhoods, especially the under-construction projects.
But real estate prices in these areas are considered the highest, and we can say that the price of an apartment, one room, and salon, starts from $200.000 for new projects, but fortunately, investment in Istanbul has several levels and if we consider the former Istanbul center as the first class, we can define the second class as the exact adjacent areas for the city center, such as Eyup, Ghazi Osman Pasa and Kagithane, and in these areas if the components of a successful real estate investment are achieved, good profits can be obtained.
Perhaps the most prominent of these areas that constitute investment opportunities, starting from $80.000, is Kagithane area, which is completely adjacent to Maslak and Sisli, which is further from the Bosphorus and the tourist areas but is characterized by re-construction areas that include projects under construction that are extremely important for investment at reasonable prices.
Also, Kagithane includes a solid transportation network in addition to a metro line that will pass through it to reach Istanbul's new airport, which in turn will give the region an additional investment advantage.
We will represent to you 4 projects in Kagithane area, 2 of which are under construction and 2 ready to move immediately, what distinguishes Kagithane area is that it is an investment in the medium term, which represents 4 or 5 years. In the near term, from 2 to 3 years. Consequently, even ready-made projects in it are promising in the medium term, while projects under construction are more promising in the near term of 2 to 3 years.
In this article we will only refer to these currently available projects, and in another article we will explain in detail about Kagithane area and its investment advantages.
- The project is located on the European side of Istanbul in Kagithane area, one of the fastest-growing areas in the city.
- Kagithane area is considered as one of the most important areas that attract real estate investors due to its central location in the heart of Istanbul.
- Kagithane area is located near Taksim Square and Levent, and it is close to shopping malls, the fast side, and Istanbul's third airport.
- Kagithane area is characterized by the availability of major services and the availability of public transportation.
- Kagithane area is located in the center of Istanbul, where it is located on the new airport road, and it includes a number of newly opened universities, which gives the project an important investment.
- There are two metro lines that lead to the Kagithane area.
- The project is located near hospitals, universities, and schools.
- It is a housing project was built on a land area of 7.256 sqm.
- The project consists of 2 blocks, A block of 15 floors, and B block of 11 floors.
- The project contains 237 apartments of 1+1 and 2+1 types, starting from 57.2 sqm.
- The project is located on the European side of Istanbul, in the Kagithane area, one of the largest real estate development areas in the city.
- The distinctive location of the project near to the main street and public transportation.
- The doors of the project lead to shopping malls, public transportation, main roads, and centers for art, sports and culture.
- It is a housing and investment project that will change your point of view for your life, home, investments, and even nature.
- The project consists of 2 blocks that contain 132 flats of different types of 1+1, 2+1, and 3+1.
- The project offers you unique and privileged living spaces for a happy life in your dream home with different floor plans.
- The flats, which are processed individually with the leading brands of modern architecture and decoration, are waiting for you to choose the one for you and your family.
- The project includes social facilities and services that provide you and your family with an integrated luxury life, such as private security, swimming pools, and children's playgrounds.
- The project, which has all the privileges of modern architecture of the city in the center of the city of Kagithane, will be your right address for investing in its proximity to elite schools, universities, hospitals, and shopping centres.
- This aesthetic and ambitious project will change your investment perspective so far.
- It is a housing and investing project that built on a land area of 28.800 m2.
- The project includes shops, ready offices, apartments in hotel concept, and boutique accommodation areas in the condo system.
- The apartment options in the project are different, between 1+1 and 2+1.
- The project has a viewing terrace on the 17th floor.
- The project is located on the European side of Istanbul, in Kagithane area, one of the largest real estate development areas in the city.
- The distinctive location of the project near to the main street and public transportation.
- The doors of the project lead to shopping malls, public transportation, main roads, and centres for art, sports, and culture.
We have more investment projects in various areas of Istanbul, you just have to contact us and our consulting team will help you to find your request.
In the end, we will talk about the nationalities that can own and invest in Turkey, whether with or without conditions, in the form of a question and answer according to the questions of clients that come to us.
Can Taiwanese own property in Turkey?
Yes, Taiwanese citizens can own property in Turkey without specific conditions.
What are the countries whose citizens can own property in Turkey without any restrictions?
Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Yemen, Oman, Sudan, Germany, America, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Wales, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgarian, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Djibouti, Chad, Jake, Finland, France, South Africa, South Sudan, Georgia, Netherlands, Honduras, Britain, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Iceland, Jamaica, Japan, Canada, Montenegro, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, South Korea, Kosovo, Costa Rica, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Norway, Panama, Suriname, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Venezuela, New Zealand.
Is there a need to obtain approval from the Ministry of the Interior in the home country in order to own property in Turkey?
If you are a citizen of the following countries: Australia, Austria, the Bahamas, Bahrain, Algeria, India, and Pakistan, you can own property in Turkey, but after obtaining approval from the Ministry of Interior in your home country.
Are there any specific conditions for some countries in order to own properties in Turkey?
- If you are a Ukrainian citizen, you must fulfill the following conditions: It should not be from the coast of the Black Sea, with approval from the Ministry of the Interior, a residential land, a residence, a workplace only.
- If you are a citizen of Russia: not be from the coast of the Black Sea, with approval from the Ministry of the Interior.
- If you are an Iranian citizen: not to be among the people banned by the United Nations, with approval from the Ministry of Interior, construction land, housing, workplace only.
- If you are a Greek citizen: a land of construction, housing, workplace, provided that it is not within the border and coastal cities.
- If you are a Tunisian citizen: you need approval from the Ministry of Interior, and you can own a residence and a workplace in addition to constructive land.
- If you are a Jordanian citizen: You have the right to own two homes and one workplace.
Anyway, after the amendments that allow foreign investors to obtain Turkish citizenship when investing an amount of $250.000, the previous conditions are no longer of great importance, that the investor can after obtaining Turkish citizenship within 90 days to own properties on the basis that he is a Turkish citizen and there are no restrictions on him at all.
For more information, please contact us for a free consultation.