Real Estate Residence Permit in Turkey
What is Real Estate Residence Permit in Turkey?
Residence in Turkey through buying a property, or real estate ownership residence in Turkey that called (Real Estate residence permit), is a short renewed residence permit granted to foreigners who own a property in Turkey for a period of one year usually, the wife and children under the age of 18 are allowed to get this residence permit as an accompanying for the owner.
What are the papers required to apply for real estate residence permit in Turkey?
- Title deed of the property (Tapu).
- Property earthquake insurance.
- A valid passport for six months at least.
- A family statement of children translated into Turkish and certified by Turkish Embassy in the mother country.
- Health insurance for all family members.
What are the advantages of Real Estate residence permit?
- Real Estate residence permit is similar to tourist permit in many aspects, but the former is stronger in terms of viability and duration of renewal granted.
- By buying a property in Turkey you are allowed to get a Real Estate residence permit, but not entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship through this residence permit, unless the property is worth at least $ 250.000, then the owner is entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship in return for buying a property on a specific terms. To learn more about obtaining Turkish citizenship laws, read here Steps of obtaining Turkish citizenship by owning a property in Turkey
- When you want to renewal the real estate residence permit, you must bring the title deed, on which your residence permit was granted.